Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

I made these for the first time a few years back and my kids really liked them and I got the ultimate compliment from a guy at work. He said, "These taste just like the ones my Mom used to make when I was growing up. THANK you".

I think they are more like a bread or muffin in texture than a cookie but they are good. Hope you like them too.

What you'll need:

1 1/2 C Sugar
15 oz Can Pumpkin
1/2 C Butter soft
1 Eggs

Mix together.

Add:
2 1/2 C flour
1 t Soda
1/2 t Salt
2 t Baking Powder.
1 1/2 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Nutmeg
1/2 t Ginger

Drop by spoonfuls on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on some wax paper. If you're feeling ambitious, you can blob a bit of cream cheese frosting on top but they are good without it.

Makes about 65 cookies.

Make sure they are completely cool before you put them in the cookie jar or they will stick together.

Mix your wet ingredients. Don't worry about the butter pieces, you'll take care of that in a minute.
Mix in the dry. This is where you want to make sure your butter gets properly mixed in.
Even spoonful of dough.
They don't spread much, so this is all the room you need. And, I only spray my pan for the first round.
Lightly browned on the bottom like this..

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I just bought some pumpkin today, maybe I'll make these. Yum!

Unknown said...

These are great cookies, but they are even better with caramel icing on them!