Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pumpkin Bars


My Mom has made these for as long as I can remember and I LOVE them as does everyone when I bring them somewhere.

What you'll need

4 Eggs
2 C Sugar
1 C Oil
15 oz Pumpkin

Mix together and then add
2 C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Ginger
2 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Nutmeg
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Cloves

Pour into greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about an hour and then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

8 oz Cream Cheese softened
1/4 C Butter
2-3 C Powdered Sugar
2 t Vanilla
4-7 T Milk

Start out with butter, cream cheese, 2 C powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 T milk. Mix it with your mixer. Keep adding milk by the T until it's the consistency you want, you are going to want this speadable but not runny. IF you add too much milk, add more powdered sugar. I've never used a true recipe for frosting, it was an add and adjust philosophy.

Chill. I think they taste better cold.

No comments: