Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oatmeal Jumbles

I didn't know what to call these. I found the basic recipe on line and tweaked and added. Apple, Blueberry, White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal was just too long of a name. They became a jumble I guess?? They also aren't like a traditional cookie, they are more cake like.

Only one child liked them but it was the one who doesn't like Blueberries and my niece stopped by and said they were VERY good, so I took that as a sign to share with all of you.

What you'll need:

1/2 C Butter
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 C Milk
2 t Vanilla
1 C Flour
1 1/2 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Nutmeg
2 C Oatmeal
1 C Apple diced pretty small
1 C Dried Blueberries
1 C White Chocolate Chips

Mix butter and brown sugar together and then throw in Egg, Milk, Vanilla, Flour, spices and give it a good mix. Add everything else and mix it up (I think nuts would have been a good addition and I might throw a mashed ripe banana in there next time too). Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for about 11-13 minutes at 375 until bottoms are golden. Enjoy!All the stuff. I went with my rule of how big would I want a bite of cooked apple and cut them a bit smaller
Wasn't sure how they would spread..the answer is not much, you could put them a bit closer together
Bagged and ready for sharing

No comments: