Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Chocolate Bomb

Whatcha gonna do with those left over candy bars at the end of the month? I know, silly question because at our house, we don't have "left over" candy bars. So, you could be like me, who just buys them for this recipe.

My friend Denice gave me this recipe awhile back and I completely forgot about it. My son was glad I found it because he loves the deep fried candy bars at the State Fair. He thought these were pretty close and he ate most of these. The other three testers also liked them.

1 package of Crescent Rolls

8 mini candy bars (3 musketeers, milky way or snickers)

6-8 oz of bar chocolate or handful of chocolate chips

Powdered Sugar for sprinkling

Break the crescent rolls apart.

Place one candy bar in the middle of each triangle.

Fold crescent roll over candy to create a bundle.

Bake 375 11-13min, remove and let cool a couple of minutes.

Melt chocolate in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds.

Drizzle melted chocolate over bar and/or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Wrap crescent around candy bar

I pinched off some of the dough because I thought it was too much with all of it. At the end of the day, you could skip this step. Make sure you have those candy bars sealed so when they melt they don't ooze out.

This is what they look like before the oven

Done and ready to serve

No comments: