Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chicken Chili

I now understand why when you buy a cookbook some of the recipes don't have photos. It's because they just don't look very appetizing in photo format or I should say when you just have a simple point and shoot like I do. That would be why I have no photo of this recipe and to be honest, I wasn't 100% sold when I ate it the first time so I wasn't sure I'd share it. I think it's all about expectations when you eat something the first time and this just didn't do it for me when I finished cooking. But, everyone I shared with..loved it and I liked it better the next day when I had it for lunch.

It's more of a soup than a chili but still tasty. For the most part, it's the original recipe that I got from my friend but I did some tweaking and know what I would do different next time to make it more a chili that I would enjoy and I am going to give you that recipe.

Chicken Chili

24 oz Chicken Stock ~ recipe called for 32, I thought it made the soup too thin, your choice
2 Cans White Beans undrained ~ I used Great Northern
1 can Black Beans rinsed
3 Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded (I boiled in chicken broth with 1 t cumin, 1 t chili powder, 1 t garlic powder and 1 t cayenne)
16 oz Salsa ~ I used thick and chunky medium spice
1 C Frozen Corn
2 t Cumin
1 t Chili Powder
3 cloves Garlic minced
8 oz Pepper Jack shredded
Black and White Pepper to taste

Put everything except the cheese into a soup kettle. Cook on medium heat until it is heated through. Throw in cheese and cook another 10 minutes. Serve with Corn chips, cheese or sour cream.

No comments: