Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Vegetable Enchilada Pie

Cinco de Mayo is coming. Do you have your Mexican dinner picked out? This is a good one if you don't and you can add meat if that is your desire.

This came about because Dylan showed up unannouced for dinner, with vegetarian friends in tow. I didn't have much in the house so I just started grabbing.

What you'll need:
1 can Black Beans ~ rinsed
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis ~ I did HOT
1/2 Green Pepper chopped
1/2 Red Pepper chopped
4 cloves Garlic minced
1 C Frozen Corn
8 oz Spinach
Bag of Rice ~ I used one of those "cook in 90 seconds", I think it was an 8 oz size but they only come in one size so don't stress the details
2 t Chili Powder
2 t Cumin
3 Large Tortillas
1 can Enchilada Sauce
2 1/4 C Cheese shredded ~ I used a Mexican blend

Put your beans, diced tomatoes, garlic and peppers in a pan and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring here and there. Add corn and chopped spinach and cook until Spinach is wilted.
Spray your pie pan. Put a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce. Top with tortilla.
Here's the quick rice I used.
Add rice and seasoning to bean mixture and cook for just a minute or two.
Top Tortilla with bean mixture.
Add Cheese 3/4 C Cheese
Repeat
Last layer should be tortilla. Top with remaining sauce, 3/4 C cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes

I apologize that the photos stop here, the boys were starving;). You're only missing the hot out of the oven and a piece being cut.

No comments: