Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes

Here's what happened. I went looking around for recipes. I copy and print them and typically always attach the link. Well, don't know what happened but a particular batch of recipes I found, I missed the link part. So, I apologize in advance to the person that created this because I know this is a TWEAK for some.

Although, when looking for the direct source, I found several recipes that were close and it's actually really similar to my Skor Cake.

At any rate, I don't know what the recipe was actually called because the name also was cut off BUT I know that it reminded me of Chocolate Mousse so I named them that.

Are you tired of the explanation and ready for the recipe?? Here you go!! Enjoy!

What you'll need:

1 Chocolate Cake Mix without pudding in the mix ~ Duncan Hines
Large box Instant Chocolate Pudding
4 Eggs
1 C Sour Cream ~ I used reduced fat
1/3 C Oil
1/2 C Water
1/2 bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips melted

Mix everything together. I used an ice cream scoop and scooped into cupcake liners, 1/2 full. But you could also just dump this into a sprayed 13x9 cake pan.

Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. Makes 30 cupcakes.

Frost with chocolate buttercream frosting

To make butter cream frosting
1 stick soft Butter
4-5 C Powdered Sugar
1/4 C Cocoa Powder
2 t Vanilla
4-7 T Milk

Start out with 1 stick butter, 4 C powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 T milk. Mix it with your mixer. Keep adding milk by the T until it's the consistency you want.

IF you add too much milk, add more powdered sugar. I've never used a true recipe for frosting, it was an add and adjust philosophy. When it's done, separate into different bowls and add food coloring. If you are using liquid food coloring remember it will thin the frosting a bit.

I got sassy and added different toppings on 5 of each cupcakes. Chopped Andes candies, white chocolate chips, Skor candy, sprinkles and milk chocolate chips. But you can stop at frosting or even just top with some cool whip:)

Here's the trick to melting chocolate chips. Melt for about a minute with a half bag. Stir, you might have a couple stubborn ones..look closely at the photo. Keep stirring and they will melt in. You don't want to put this back in the microwave when you're this close or you'll overcook the chocolate.

BUT..If you have a LOT of stubborn ones, try another 15-30 seconds.
See how yummy and creamy the batter is??
DONE

No comments: