But since I promised that I'd be making the recipes I've been saving over the years, I thought I'd give you "my" feedback. I'll get back to you with the other recipe I found on another day.
Here's what you'll need:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 C dark brown sugar ~ I only had light
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1/4 C sugar
1 t salt ~ I didn't add this
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 C peanut butter
1 t cinnamon
2 t baking soda
4 1/2 C old fashioned oats ~ not instant
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C white chocolate chips ~ I used butterscotch
1/4 C peanut butter chip ~ I used M&Ms
1/4 C toffee pieces ~ I didn't use
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together in mixer (about 3 minutes).
- In a large bowl, toss oats, cinnamon and baking soda together.
- Add eggs to butter & sugar mixture one at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed in well. Add vanilla and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the oat mixture to the bowl and then slowly add the "stuff" and mix until it is incorporated. No need to worry about over-mixing because there is no flour.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets. Space them about two inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with fleur de sel if you wish, I did not.
- Bake for 10 minutes - turning halfway through the baking time. Cool on a rack but sneak at least one while they are warm.
Here's the dough
Ready for the oven
Done. Make sure they are COMPLETELY cool before you bag them up.