Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Flourless Monster Cookies

I'm always looking for gluten free cookie recipes because of Max's hockey buddy and decided to try these.  I did the first batch almost exactly as she instructed.  They were tasty but they were a bit crumbly.  The recipe creator suggested flipping them and continuing to cook but I really don't think that would have been possible.  So, I tried spraying the pan with a cooking spray and letting them cool a little while on the pan and that helped but wasn't completely successful.  I made them about the size of a golf ball and only slightly flattened before baking and that also helped a little more.  My kids really liked them but I'm not sure I'd make them again because to be honest, they irritated me a bit.

But since I promised that I'd be making the recipes I've been saving over the years, I thought I'd give you "my" feedback.  I'll get back to you with the other recipe I found on another day.

Here's what you'll need:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 C dark brown sugar ~ I only had light
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1/4 C sugar
1 t salt ~ I didn't add this
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 C peanut butter
1 t cinnamon
2 t baking soda
4 1/2 C old fashioned oats ~ not instant
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C white chocolate chips ~ I used butterscotch
1/4 C peanut butter chip ~ I used M&Ms
1/4 C toffee pieces ~ I didn't use

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
  2. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together in mixer (about 3 minutes).
  3. In a large bowl, toss oats, cinnamon and baking soda together.
  4. Add eggs to butter & sugar mixture one at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed in well. Add vanilla and salt. Mix to combine.
  5. Add the oat mixture to the bowl and then slowly add the "stuff" and mix until it is incorporated. No need to worry about over-mixing because there is no flour.
  6. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets. Space them about two inches apart. Flatten the tops a bit with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with fleur de sel if you wish, I did not.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes - turning halfway through the baking time. Cool on a rack but sneak at least one while they are warm.
 
Here's the dough

 Ready for the oven
 Done.  Make sure they are COMPLETELY cool before you bag them up.
 

No comments: