Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Black and White Cupcakes

I had never heard of the "Black and White Cookie" until I saw a Seinfeld episode years ago.  Didn't quite get what the fuss was about because the cookie was a sugar cookie with half chocolate and half white frosting?  And?  Since I'm a fairly literal person, I also didn't get why it's called Black and White when it's technically Brown and White?  So yeah, it kinda bugged me.

At any rate it also stuck with me when it came time to make some cupcakes for a bake sale.  I always want to make something that isn't too crazy but that people wouldn't make at home so they'll buy.  I typically go BRIGHT for bake sales because they sell the best in my experience when kids are present.  But this was going to be a more mature crowd so this was time to break out the Black and White Cupcakes.  An added bonus people can see what they are getting.  And, did I mention they are EASY?


What you'll need:

One Devil's Food cake mix made according to directions using milk instead of water
One White cake mix made according to directions using milk instead of water

Fill cupcake liner with half of each cake mix, 3/4 full.  Bake according to box directions.

Cool.

Frost with

Half of each batter.  Ready for the oven. 

 Out of the oven
 Frosted with a zig zag pattern because I'm fancy like that;)  But you could just as easily frost with a knife and use canned frosting to make your life easier.
Makes 48 cupcakes

No comments: