Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hellman's Mayo Chicken

When I first saw this recipe here, I was a little intrigued.  Dinner in 30 minutes?  A meal my kids would eat?  The answer to both is yes.  I wondered if it would taste funny because of the mayo?  No, it didn't.  It was actually super moist.

I personally would have liked the chicken to be a tad thinner so I might have pounded it out just a bit but it tasted fine the way it was, that's just a personal preference.

Here's what you'll need to get the party started.  

Ingredients
  • 1/2 C Mayo
  • 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
  • 4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
Directions

Preheat oven to 425°.

  1. Combine Mayo with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken in a baking dish, sprinkle with pepper. Evenly top with Mayo mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
  2. Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
Spray your baking dish for easy clean up.  Sprinkle with pepper.

Cover with mayo/cheese mixture.
 Right out of the oven, doesn't that look yummy

I decided to get funky with the side dish.  I cooked 1/2 box of penne pasta, stirred in about 1/2 C mayo and 1/4 C of Parmesan, sprinkled with pepper and garlic powder (about 1/8 t of each) and the side dish is done.
 
Dinner's done.  Hope you're hungry. 

No comments: