Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Max asked me last night if he could have $100 to buy me a gift.  Knowing Max, my gift probably would be in around $25 and he'd get something to keep "him" busy with the rest.  At any rate, I told him no.  I told him that what I would really like is ONE ENTIRE weekend that he dropped the sarcasm and didn't antagonize his sister.  You see, he finds himself quite amusing but his sister doesn't share that sentiment.

He said, "what's my other option". 

So, who knows what I'll be getting.  To be honest, it really doesn't matter.  I took it upon myself the year that Claire was born to do "my" own thing.  I leave the house and hang out with Tina, Chantel and my Mom.  We get massages or pedicures or shop or just have lunch.  If I'm lucky, I get home on a nice afternoon and veg in my lawn chair reading a book.  The point is, my Mother's Day present to myself is TIME to recharge MY batteries the way "I" want and not spend the day taking care of my children or caring what someone else wants to either eat or not eat.  I don't run errands, I don't do laundry or grocery shop. 

It is pure bliss. 

So, this post is dedicated a few days early so you can find a sitter if you need to.  Take some time for just YOU because YOU deserve it!  Even if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom to do it;)

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: