Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Claire Elizabeth!!

I started going through old photos looking for one of Claire the day she was born.  I didn't get to that album because I was getting more and more emotional with each year and I thought by the time I got to the infant album I'd be the one in the fetal position. 

Each birthday for all the kids makes me slow down for a minute and really look at them.  I usually wipe a couple of tears that are brimming on my eyelids and light the candles.  But this year, this birthday, she's a teenager.  No more pretending that she is a child.  I have to say outloud that I have two teenagers when asked.  It's not about me, I do realize that but it's just a tough day for this Mama to admit her baby is growing up. 

Today is about the wonderful TEENAGER that we will be celebrating!   

Claire is smart, she is artistic, she is funny, she is wise beyond her years.  She is a good baker, an excellent dancer and a terrific friend.  She has the patience of a saint and her Mama's egg face when she doesn't like something.  She is strong willed, knows what she wants and how she wants it done.  I have always admired her easy, independent nature.

Here are a few of her past birthdays.
1st birthday week

2nd birthday week

Right before her 3rd birthday party was going to start

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!
I LOVE YOU TO THE STARS AND BACK!!



2 comments:

K :) said...

Happy, happy birthday, Claire. Hope it's a great day.

~mj~ said...

Happy birthday Claire! What a beautiful being you are! :)