Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Funnel Cake

AUGUST is my favorite month of summer! Even though I go back to work in a little less than a week, it's my favorite because it's the month of NO sports, NO obligations and the STATE FAIR!!

Let's kick this month off with one of my kids favorite things...FUNNEL CAKES

If you don't want to use a pastry bag because it is a little messy, I have also used a small pitcher.

3 C Flour
2 C Milk
1/2 t Salt
3 Eggs
1/4 C Sugar
1 t Vanilla
1 T Baking Powder

Mix all the ingredients well. Heat Crisco (I use half butter flavor/half regular. I think oil makes them greasy). I put the batter in a pastry bag that I've pinched the end off of, release pinch and drizzle the batter into the hot oil. Cook until puffed up and golden, give a flip and cook until other side is golden. Remove to paper towels to remove excess oil, then to plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8-10 funnel cakes.
Drizzle into the hot oil.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

~mj~ said...

OMG!! I LOVE funnel cakes!!!!!!