Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cherry Dump Cake

I have a confession. I LOVE those old church cookbooks. You know the ones that everyone submits their favorite recipes. The one with the recipes that have Oleo and lard.

At any rate, I've seen this recipe in several variations over the years and I thought since it was so easy, I would give it a go. I brought it in as my "random act of kindness" for the engineers at work. They said it was wonderful:) I'll have to take their word on that. And, you'll have to take my word that it was EASY!

What you'll need:

White or Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 C Milk
1/3 C Oil
2 t Vanilla
2 eggs
Can of pie filling...I used cherry

Mix the cake mix, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. Drop spoonfuls of fruit on top. Swirl a spoon around the top a few times and bake 22 minutes at 350.

Top with:
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
2 t Vanilla
2-4 t Milk

Mix together until it's a runny glaze. Drizzle over top. ENJOY!
Dollop
Swirl
Glaze



2 comments:

~mj~ said...

Awesome!! We love Cherry Dump Cake! I'll have to try this variation. The one my mom made, and passed on to me is a can of crushed pineapple, a can of cherry pie filling (layered in a 9x13), a yellow cake mix, and a stick of butter, diced and placed on top. Mmm... :)

K :) said...

Yum!!! Love these cakes, but never loved the name. So, I changed ours to Sunset Cherry Surprise. LOL

Ours is literally dumped into the pan. Here's the recipe: http://recipesbykarol.blogspot.com/2012/01/sunset-cherry-surprise.html