Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Scotch Egg on a STICK

We're getting closer. The State Fair is almost here!!! I can smell the grease heating up and can't wait to see the new creation on a stick. This is one of Craig and Max's favorite things so if you can't make it to the fair (I can't wrap my brain around that;), make this at home.

What you'll need:

1 lb of Pork Sausage
3 hard boiled Eggs
3/4 C Bread Crumbs
Crisco for frying
Maple Syrup for dunking

Pat out a patty of Pork...say that 5 times fast;)
Put your egg in the middle
Wrap the egg with the sausage, essentially making a big meatball.Roll in breadcrumbs
Heat your Crisco. I used a smaller pan so I wouldn't waste oil and it worked fine doing a little over half at a time for about 2 minutes per side.
Cut and serve with maple syrup
IF you cut it in half and the sausage is pink around the egg~that happened only 1 out of 3~I just toothpicked it back together and fried for another minute.

No comments: