Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chicken Sandwich

Claire wanted to stop at Wendy's and get a chicken sandwich and I said that I would make it at home. I got the egg face. For those of you unfamiliar with the "egg face", it is a scrunched up, I think I'm going to be sick face that "I" make when I am served eggs that aren't completely cooked. Claire has perfected the egg face when I say something she doesn't want to hear.

However, I am not swayed by the "egg" face so I went home and made these.

What you'll need:

2 Chicken Breasts boneless/skinless
1/2 C Flour
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Crisco for frying
Shredded Lettuce
Buns

Cut your chicken breast in half and put on Saran wrap.
Cover with Seran wrap and pound with the soft side of your meat hammer, it probably has a different name, that name escapes me at the moment. You want to make your first hit in the center. Don't hit too hard or you'll break straight through. Pound softly in the center until you flatten out your chicken.
I season the flour with probably a teaspoon of each seasoning but I also sprinkle the actual chicken with them as well.
Flip and cover each side with flour. Shake off excess.
Put it hot grease. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
If you want to know if your grease is hot enough, put the handle of a wooden spoon in and if the oil bubbles up around the handle, you're ready to go. Typically takes about a minute after the Crisco turns to liquid with your heat on an 8.
Put on your bun with lettuce. You can make some french fries from scratch too if you're feeling sassy. Just peel, cut evenly and fry until golden. Both kids said it was better than Wendy's...shocker;)
AND, if you're Claire..you will pour ketchup on top of both and consume. Sorry, no photo of MY egg face when she does that.

Sidebar..she's been doing that since she was old enough to say, "I need Chetchup with my Chitchin"

No comments: