Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sour Cream Pancakes

I broke my waffle maker a couple of months ago and have yet to find a replacement I like so, I've been on a quest to find something that both my kids and myself like to have for breakfast.

I've never been a pancake girl. I've never liked the texture. Pioneer Woman was talking about a recipe she has in her cookbook for Sour Cream Pancakes. I have stopped buying cookbooks and actually just got rid of a bunch so I was debating what to do. Guess what?? Someone else who has a blog made them and provided the recipe! She was not exaggerating how good they were. Very light and the texture is not like regular pancakes. My son had his best friend over and they ate the whole batch. Not wanting to make any assumptions since they are growing boys I asked if they liked them, they both said they were the best pancakes they've ever tasted. Next time I'll double the recipe so I get more than the one I had to steal in the kitchen;)

Here's what you need
1 C Sour Cream
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
7 T Flour
1 T Sugar
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt

Mix it all up and you're ready to get started. Heat your griddle until a drop of water sizzles away. Melt a pat of butter and put 1/4 C per pancake. Cook until they start to bubble. Flip, cook for about a minute and serve with your favorite syrup or topping.

I didn't get a photo since the boys ate them so quickly but this is what they looked like. Thanks http://phemomenon.blogspot.com for the recipe and photo

No comments: