Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mocha Frappachino

I've never liked coffee. I am 41 years old and I have never actually drank more than a sip or two. So, when my son developed this obsession with coffee, namely Frappachino, it was lost on me. He apparently got his love of coffee from his Dad;) Besides the coffee, the second thing that I don't like about Frappachino is the cost, $5 for a beverage? A beverage he is going to suck down in .5 seconds, ummm, not so much.

When I figured out how to make one, both of us were happy. Now for $5, he can have about 10 of them. I haven't taught him how to make them so I can monitor the quantity.

What you'll need
2/3 C Milk
3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream ~ We like Breyers at our house, Natural Vanilla
2 T Instant General Foods Suisse Mocha Cafe

Put it all in a blender and give it a whirl. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup and serve.

I did make it with 1 1/2 C Milk, Ice and 2 T Mocha..Max didn't hate it but liked the ice cream version much better.

Three rounded scoops of ice cream
Here is the Suisse Mocha
The Magic Bullet I received as a Birthday present came in handy for this but you could use your blender.
That'll be $5 plus tip:)

No comments: