Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Striped Delight

I found this recipe on line, it's a Kraft recipe. My son loves French Silk pie and one of the reviews stated that it tasted like it. So, I decided to make it for dessert.

Well..I didn't think it tasted like French Silk Pie, it was a bit too Cool Whippy for me but my son, well he LOVED it. Safe to say he ate 3/4 of the pan by himself and asked when I'd be making it again. I put some fresh strawberries on top of my piece and I liked it better.

What You Need
35 OREO Cookies
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cold milk
1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
3-1/4 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (3.9 oz. each) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding

PROCESS cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to medium bowl; mix in butter. Press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.

WHISK cream cheese, sugar and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1-1/4 cups COOL WHIP; spread over crust.

BEAT pudding mixes and 3-1/4 cups milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened; cover with remaining COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 4 hours.
I didn't use my food processor, I used a gallon ziploc bag and used a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. You know me, not a fan of extra dishes;)

Roll over the Oreos until they are crushed.

Mix the Oreos with the melted butter and press into 13x9 pan

Spread the Cream Cheese layer on top of the Oreo crust.

Next comes the chocolate layer

Chill for at least 5 minutes or until thickened and then top with the rest of the Cool Whip.

Dessert is served.

1 comment:

~mj~ said...

Can't wait to make this one. I know it will be a huge hit! :)