Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Funnel Cakes

One of our favorite summer things is the State Fair. Love all the stuff to do and eat. We go at least 3 times if not more every year. We walk around and do tons of things and more importantly we also eat our way through.

My kids have developed a love of funnel cakes from our fair going. So, when I found this recipe, I knew that I'd be getting big smiles if they turned out. Well...LOTS of smiles came when these hit the table.

If you don't want to use a pastry bag because it is a little messy, I have also used a small pitcher.

3 C Flour
2 C Milk
1/2 t Salt
3 Eggs
1/4 C Sugar
1 t Vanilla
1 T Baking Powder

Mix all the ingredients well. Heat Crisco (I use half butter flavor/half regular. I think oil makes them greasy). I put the batter in a pastry bag that I've pinched the end off of, release pinch and drizzle the batter into the hot oil. Cook until puffed up and golden, give a flip and cook until other side is golden. Remove to paper towels to remove excess oil, then to plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 8-10 funnel cakes.
Drizzle into the hot oil.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

~mj~ said...

One of my childhood FAVORITES! It's on my summer "to do with kids" list! :) Mmm...