Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

I'm not a muffin girl.  I like them but wouldn't "choose" a muffin if there was something else to eat.  So, I've only made them here and there and I always use a different recipe.  Claire was asking for Blueberry Muffins so I went searching again and found these. I don't know if "to die for" works for me but they are really good.  The batter is thick enough to hold the blueberries so they don't sink.  They are sweet enough without being too sweet.  Sturdy enough to travel.  Good texture.  In other words, I'd make them again.

What you'll need:

Muffin
1 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
3/4 C Sugar

1/2 t Salt

2 t Baking Powder

1 Egg
1/3 C Milk
1 C frozen Blueberries

The wet ingredients aren't "exact" but close.  Put the 1/3 C oil in a 1 cup measurement.  Add egg.  Fill the cup with milk.  Add to the dry ingredients.  Fold in blueberries.  I used an ice cream scoop and almost filled the liners.

Topping
1/2 C Sugar
1/3 C Flour
1/4 C Butter, cubed
1 1/2 t Cinnamon

Top with topping.  Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.  Toothpick inserted in center will tell you if they're done.  If you are using fresh blueberries you can up the temp to 350.

I doubled the muffin mix and did NOT double the topping and had plenty.  It made 18 muffins.

Ready for the oven.

Out of the oven looking yummy!

Bursting with blueberries!!  YUM!

No comments: