Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Tortellini Salad

Tina was going to a BBQ and wanted to bring a salad. Nothing exciting popped into my head so I asked my friend Karol who shared this one. It was a complete hit and won best side of the day:)

What you'll need:

Bag of Romaine Lettuce
3/4 carton of Grape Tomatoes halved
1 bunch green onions, chopped~I used some of the green as well
1/2 lb of bacon chopped and fried~Karol said Bacon Bits are good too
1/2 C Mozzarella
1 pkg Tortellini cooked and chilled
1/4-1/3 C Ranch Dressing
Pepper to taste

Toss salad lettuce, tomatoes, onions and tortellini together. Add a little ranch dressing, toss. Add bacon and cheese, toss again. Add a little more dressing until you're happy with it. Serve.

Since Tina was bringing this, I didn't want it to get soggy. So I put the tomatoes and onions in a baggie, bacon in a baggie and tortellini in a baggie. She assembled when she got there. Enjoy.



2 comments:

K :) said...

Be sure if you use the bacon bits you choose the "real" version. Also, I put it all together and then right before serving add the dressing. And, amazingly, the next day this salad is equally as good as the first time around. So glad you guys tried it and liked it.

Christol said...

Good to know Karol. Thanks again for the recipe:)