Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Dipped Oreos

Max LOVES dipped Oreos. I'm not a fan of the box of 20 for $4. I found some white chocolate on sale and bought generic Oreos and gave an idea a whirl.

I melted the chocolate, white chocolate in this case, and dipped the Oreos. I put them on wax paper to dry and when Max took a bite, he said, "They taste just like real ones".

YAY. Easy and I save some money in the process.

What you'll need:

White Chocolate~you can use anything from white chocolate chips, to block Almond bark to those melts you buy at Michaels.
Bag of Oreos or Oreo Generic

Melt your chocolate. You can do this in the microwave, mine takes about 1 min and 45 seconds. Or on top of the stove over low heat. When the chocolate is melted, dip your Oreo and place on waxed paper. Chill and eat.

I got this on sale, but any white chocolate chip would work.
Chop it up because it makes for faster melting.
It took 1 minute 30 seconds in my microwave to look like this.
Give the cookie a dip, drip off excess and put on waxed paper to harden
If I was making them to bring somewhere, I would wait until they hardened and dip the side that didn't get chocolate the first time. But for my kids..this is done.

No comments: