Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Comfort in a bowl

It is FREEZING outside and I needed something warm and yummy in my tummy. You all know how I feel about that Chicken Stuffing hotdish, I LOVE it. This recipe is pretty similar, I just added some potatoes and vegetables. I think it took it to the next level so I called it Comfort in a bowl.

If I wanted to make this for Dylan, I could leave the chicken out, add more vegetables and use vegetable stock for Comfort in a bowl VEGI style.

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
2 cans cream soup (I used 98% fat free Cream of Celery and Cream of Chicken because that's what I had in the house)
16 ozs Sour Cream (I used light)
1 C frozen Corn
1 C frozen green beans
2 potatoes sliced thin
16 oz box of Stuffing Mix
1/2 C Butter
1 C Chicken Broth~I make my own with chicken bouillon cubes

Slice potato thin, wrap in a wet paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes. You want to get the party started with softening.
Mix chicken, vegetables, potatoes, soup and sour cream.
Spread in 13x9 cake pan sprayed with cooking spray
Top with Stuffing Mix
Melt Butter and mix with Chicken Broth
Drizzle over top of stuffing mix
Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.

Here is your chicken with the corn and green beans.
Add the potatoes
Spread in the pan, top with stuffing
Make a cup of chicken broth in your microwave with 1 C water and 1 bouillon cube. Add butter to melt.
Pour broth/butter over stuffing
Dinner is served.

No comments: