Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Apple Pie without a Pan

I had a pie crust and I had some apples so I decided to make this. I think this technically falls into the "crostata" catagory but since I didn't know that when I made it...it's called Apple Pie without a pan:)

It really was SUPER easy.

What you'll need:

Refrigerator Pie Crust
3 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced thin
3/4 Brown Sugar
1/4 C Sugar
2 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
1/2 stick of Butter chopped into little pieces

Spread pie crust out on a cookie sheet. Mix everything else together. Pour apples into middle of crust. Fold edges up over the filling. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Top with caramel ice cream topping and serve.

Apples

How thin you want them and make sure they are consistently sliced so they cook the same.

Mix in your sugars, spices and butter.

Pour in the middle.

Out of the oven...Drizzle with caramel sauce if you wish. It's equally good without it





No comments: