Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gyro Kjome Style

I remember my kids taking a bite of my Gyro at the fair and after they said, "what kind of meat is that"? I said, "Lamb".

"ewwwww, why didn't you tell us. I think I might be sick".

"You mean like Mary had a Little Lamb..LAMB".

The horror of it all. It's what I like to call a therapy moment for my children. You know, when they are older and are sitting in their therapist's office..."and then my Mom fed me.......LAMB".

To this day I don't think Max will try anything I have unless he first asks, "what's in it"? Live and learn I guess.

So, when I put these on the table I got an eyebrow raise. "Just eat it", I said.

"But what kind of meat is this"?

"It's like steak".

"What kind of steak"?

"$15 per pound beef tenderloin now EAT it". Another therapy moment perhaps?

At any rate, it was a hit. Dinner was on the table in less than 20 minutes. And, Max even said that he'd like to try it with cheese next time. It's all about baby steps:)

What you'll need:

3/4 lb Beef Tenderloin ~ you could use a strip streak or even sandwich steak
your favorite seasoning~I simply used salt, pepper and garlic powder
Package of Flat Bread
Lettuce

Tenderloin

Sliced nice and thin. Let's hope my Father in Law doesn't see this because this is a crime in his opinion to do this to a piece of prime beef

Flat bread that I heated up in the oven for a couple of minutes. You could skip that step but I think it makes it just a bit tastier. And, if you wanted to melt cheese on the bread, now is your chance.

I cooked the meat to medium because that's about as funky as it gets with meat around here.

Serve with some fries and you've got dinner

I would throw a little sour cream mixed with salsa on mine but I'm crazy like that:)

No comments: