Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Banana Raisin Bran Muffins

I have a confession. I volunteered to make muffins for the kids school, bought the ingredients to make the Raisin Bran Muffins and completely spaced until late the night before. The Raisin Bran muffins are perfect because you can store the left over batter in your fridge for up to 6 weeks. I thought, I'd send 2 dozen and leave the other 2 dozen for the morning after Thanksgiving when we head to hockey.

As I was mixing up the batter, I saw some bananas that looked as tired as I felt on the counter and thought that I would throw them in. As I was mixing, LIGHTBULB, I can't store them in the fridge for 6 weeks now because of the banana, I have to make ALL of them!

BUT, they were YUMMY and work got a bonus. Even better than the plain muffins. What I would do next time is add the bananas to the amount of batter I want to make. Figure 2 bananas for half the batter. Half the batter makes 2 dozen muffins. Below is the "original" recipe.

Easy Bran Refrigerated Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 F
Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on size

15 oz box of Raisin Bran Cereal
5 C Flour
3 C Sugar
5 t Soda
2 t Salt
5 eggs
1 C Oil
1 qt Buttermilk
1 C chopped nuts(optional)~I didn't use them because my kids don't really enjoy them.

Mix all dry ingredients together (including nuts if used) in a very large mixing bowl.

Beat eggs thoroughly then add oil and butter milk to eggs. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until all ingredients are moistened.

Store batter in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Batter will keep up to six weeks.

To Bake:

Fill muffin cups half full, bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes (depends on size).
Total recipe will make 6 dozen muffins.
Give the eggs a good whisk.
Add buttermilk and oil.
Mix your dry ingredients in another large bowl.
Dump the wet into the dry and mix until dry is moist.
Fill your muffin tins and tightly cover the rest and put in the fridge.
Done!

No comments: