Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Double Digits


My baby turned 10 today. I was in a car accident when I was 19 weeks pregnant with Claire. A very serious car accident that required us to be in the hospital and montiored for a few days. Every single day I worried about her, not yet knowing it was a "her" (well, I knew in my heart she was a girl but refused to let the ultrasound confirm it). When I met her sweet little face 10 years ago today, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be her Mommy. Where has the time gone? The baby who got up mulitple times per night so I could give her extra hugs. The tantrum throwing toddler. The little girl who wouldn't where pants on the coldest of days. The smallest one in her class.

She is the child who has always had a mind of her own and never doubted herself for a second. The child who left me standing at the door of her many firsts with tears in my eyes as I watched her confidently enter the room without looking back. She is my girlie girl who loves all things pink but she is also the same kid outside rolling in the grass with her brother and cousins. Always clowning around and making others laugh, she is truly a joy to be around. She is her Daddy's Lil Bit and her Mommy's favorite daughter.

The big FIESTA party she has planned won't be until the weekend...but birthday tradition in our house...today was all about her...Happy Birthday Claire Elizabeth! I love you more than all the stars in the sky!
Her crazy Limbo skills
Just done winning 3rd place.
Silly in the tub.
Self Portrait
Loving her presents
Daddy's girl
With Nana


Mommy's baby...always:)

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

She is such a sweetheart! She looks more and more like you everyday.

~mj~ said...

Oh sweet baby! I love this post, Christol! I can't believe they're 10, but what a beautiful young lady she is becoming. Well done, mama, well done. :)