Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chicken Barley Chili

My kids won't eat this, shocker I know;) My nephew loves it though but he eats stuff that's mixed together. It's a quick soup that freezes well for a painless lunch or dinner and friends at work are always happy to get a bowl. Guess what you get to use...yep, Salsa Chicken.

The recipe is on the back of the Barley box, I only altered it a bit. Who knew that those recipes on the box could be so tasty:)

1 can diced Tomatoes ~ I've used a couple of fresh chopped up too
16 oz jar Salsa ~ I use Medium Thick and Chunky
15 oz can of Black Beans ~ rinsed
1 C Frozen Corn
5 C Water
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 C Quaker Quick Barley
1 T Chili Powder
1 t Cumin
3 C Salsa shredded Chicken ~ you can use any type of chicken

In pot, combine the ingredients. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 25 minutes or until Barley is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve!


No comments: