Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Raisin Bran Muffins

We have had a horrible hockey season. Crappy coaching, losing record, no equity with ice time..it was all I could do to get through it. So, this Mom had to get out of town and have a little bit of "ME" time. Our season ended on Wednesday and I headed out of town on Thursday afternoon. Lucky for me, my BFF has a cabin in the middle of the woods, so nice and cozy and she let's me come whenever I want. Add 5 more of my favorite people and it was just what this girl needed to recharge her batteries. Thank you Krit!!

I volunteered to make lunch, two dinners and breakfast and I wanted a solid muffin recipe. I've got a few but my Mom sent a Raisin Bran muffin to me on Tuesday and declared them "the best muffin she has ever tasted". My Mom does not typically eat muffins because they aren't her thing. So, when she actually asked her friend for their recipe..well I had to taste them and I certainly had to taste them before I served them to my friends.

Well..my Mom was right. The muffins were really good. My kids not only ate them but asked that more be packed in their lunch. I shared with 6 people from work and a few wanted the recipe. My friends all loved them. And, the truly amazing thing about this recipe is that it will keep in your fridge for up to 6 weeks!! I didn't get to test that theory, the first batch of batter is gone but I'll be making them again really soon.

Easy Bran Refrigerated Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 F
Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on size

15 oz box of Raisin Bran Cereal
5 cups flour
3 cups sugar
5 tsp soda
2 tsp salt
5 eggs
1 cup salad oil
1 qt buttermilk
1 cup chopped nuts(optional)~I didn't use them because my kids don't really enjoy them.

Mix all dry ingredients together (including nuts if used) in a very large mixing bowl.

Beat eggs thoroughly then add oil and butter milk to eggs. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until all ingredients are moistened.

Store batter in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Batter will keep up to six weeks.

To Bake:

Fill muffin cups half full, bake at 400 F for 15-20 minutes (depends on size).
Total recipe will make 6 dozen muffins.
Give the eggs a good whisk.
Add buttermilk and oil.
Mix your dry ingredients in another large bowl.
Dump the wet into the dry and mix until dry is moist.
Fill your muffin tins and tightly cover the rest and put in the fridge.
Done!

No comments: