Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crockpot Pork Chop

What do you need when you have a LONG week ahead and a bunch of snow to shovel? What do you do when your son doesn't eat stuff that's mixed together and you don't feel like fighting with him? Crockpot Pork Chops. They are so moist that they fall apart. AND, you look like a super star to your kids because you made them something they like during a busy week.

You'll need
4 Thick Cut Pork Chops ~ mine were partially frozen
1 Can Cream of Soup ~ I used Cream of Mushroom 98% fat free
1/2 Can Water
2 t Favorite Seasoning ~ I used my favorite Greek one but garlic powder, salt and pepper work just fine

Put pork chops in the crockpot, season, dump soup, pour water around edges. Cover and crock for 6-8 hours on low.

Here's your ingredients.

My doesn't that look appetizing..NOT! But, I promise the end result is yummy.
Pour the juices into a small pan and bring to a boil with a teaspoon of Kitchen Bouquet to darken the gravy. Mix together a couple T of cornstarch or flour and 1 T of COLD water. Whisk with a fork to get lumps out. It should be a thick milk consistency. Whisk into boiling juices and TA DA...you just made gravy. I serve the gravy over cooked egg noodles. It's also good over rice but my children haven't evolved to like rice yet;)

Dinner is served.

No comments: