Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Apple Pike

Are you tired of apples yet?? This is the last recipe I made. Someone at work gave me this when she heard about my abundance of apples. I added the cinnamon and nutmeg because I thought it sounded like it needed a little something more but maybe that's because I don't think I've made an apple recipe that didn't include cinnamon and I wanted to keep it consistent;).

I also had to increase the cook time from 15 to 30 minutes but that might have just been my oven?? So, give it a check at 15 minutes and see if yours is done and go from there.

I thought it was very similar to an apple bread pudding. I think I would have liked it better warm with ice cream or whipped cream but it was good without it and super easy.

What you'll need:

1 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar
3 Eggs, beaten
1 t Vanilla
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Nutmeg
4 C Apples peeled and chopped

Beat the eggs until well blended, then add Vanilla, Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Mix and then fold in the apples. Pour into a greased 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated 400 degree oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments: