Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hashbrowns

I'm not that organized to have ready made hashbrowns in the freezer or fridge when I want them but I almost always have potatoes so I make mine from scratch. Super easy and I think they taste better.

What you'll need:

2 medium size Potatoes shredded
1/2 small onion diced
2 T Butter
Drizzle Olive Oil
1 t Salt
1 t Pepper

Melt your butter in a frying pan. Add potato, onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If I am feeling really sassy, I'll add a teaspoon of garlic powder too. Pat this down as thin as you can. Cover and cook on medium for about 6 minutes, until it's golden brown. Take your spatula and flip, drizzle with a teaspoon or so of Olive Oil. Cover and cook about another 5 minutes and serve.

Here's what you're using to shred.




Getting ready to flip

No comments: