Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Vegi Quiche

Dylan has decided for the second time in his life that he doesn't want to eat meat. The first time he was going into 7th grade. I went and bought a bunch of vegetarian things for the freezer and simply let him eat sides. He lasted about 2 weeks. This time I think he means it.

I never really liked meat until I was pregnant with Claire so I have the ability to cook without meat, I just don't because it's not what the majority likes.

Since Dylan is my biggest supporter of trying new recipes, I thought I would be a bit more supportive this time around.

What you'll need:

Pie Crust ~ I used one of those refrigerator ones in my 9 inch pan but you could buy the frozen too or you could go really crazy and make your own

1-2 C Fresh Spinach chopped
1 Green Pepper chopped or a mix of colored peppers
1 small onion chopped
Drizzle Olive Oil
6 large Eggs beaten
1 1/4 C Cream ~ I used Whipped Cream
1 t Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 C Favorite Cheese ~ I used half Pepper Jack and half Monterey Jack

Saute your peppers and onions with a drizzle of Olive Oil a couple of minutes to get the crunch out.

Put your crust in your pan. Next throw in your spinach, top with the peppers and onions. Top with cheese.

Beat your eggs, cream, salt and pepper together well..I actually gave it a whirl in the blender so it was nice and mixed up and gently pour over the toppings.

Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes until the eggs are set in the middle. Serves 8. I actually like the better as left overs.

Saute the peppers just a few minutes. You want to get the crunch out but not soggy.
Chopped spinach on the bottom and the vegis come next
Assorted cheese goes next
Give the eggs, cream, salt and pepper a whirl in a blender or just use a whisk and whip the crap out of the eggs.
Pour eggs over the top
Truth be told, I gapped a bit on getting it out of the oven so it's a little dark on top but it tasted great.

No comments: