Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Enchilada Pie

I was craving Mexican food today. So, Claire had tacos and I made a version of this for me. I used the leftover taco meat instead of Mexican beef and altered just a bit but the final answer is the same, so I left the photos for assembly purposes. It was YUMMY and just what I wanted...how often can you say that??

What you'll need:

Can of HOT Enchilada Sauce
1 1/2 C Taco meat ~ I used ground turkey today but beef works too
2 large Tortillas ~ I used some healthy high fiber ones I found
1/2 can Black Beans rinsed ~ you could also use pinto or refried..whatever makes you happy:)
3/4 C frozen Corn
1 C cooked Brown Rice
1/2 Green Pepper chopped
1 C Salsa
3/4 C Cheese ~ I used Monterey Jack

Spray your pan with cooking spray. Put about 1/4 C of enchilada sauce in the bottom.

Place Tortilla on top of that.

Sprinkle with half of taco meat.

Half of the beans next.

Half of the corn.

Half of the rice.

Half of the pepper.

1/3 of the cheese.

about 1/2 Cup of Salsa

Tortilla. Press down a little bit.

1/4 of what's left of the red sauce

Repeat process one more time.

Add rest of enchilada sauce and top with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Top with sour cream and/or guacamole and serve.





You don't have to rip the tortilla. Just make sure it covers as much of the bottom of the pan as possible. This particular tortilla I felt was riding up too far.


You aren't going to see rice in the photos because I made one of these to "taste" it, serving rice on the side. Dylan felt it was a missing component so I added it in the next pan I made and yes, good idea D!




YUMMY!

No comments: