Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The BEST Peanut Butter Cookies

It's been HOT here this summer but sometimes, a girl just needs to bake. I didn't want anything that involved chocolate for fear of melting so I made plain peanut butter cookies. Plain peanut butter cookies that are super yummy and easy to make.

I would also like to point out that I use only Skippy when I bake. Not because Skippy is giving me free peanut butter, because I have tried others and my cookies don't taste as good in my opinion. Generic brands have too much oil so the cookie doesn't hold up well. You don't have to use Skippy, I just do.

What you'll need
1 C Butter softened
2 Egg
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
1 t Vanilla

Cream together. And then add...

3 C Flour
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
1 t Baking Powder

You might have to get your hands into the dough to really get the flour mixed in.

Roll into balls about the size of a big gum ball, think "the quarter size" gumball:).

Roll in sugar. Place on pan and use a fork to press the ball down and make a criss cross effect. Push gently or the cookie dough will stick to the fork. Put on pan and bake at 375 for about 7 minutes until bottom is lightly browned. Makes about 60 cookies.

Cream the butter, vanilla eggs and sugar
Add dry

Roll balls in sugar. If you don't want the extra sugar, you will have to dip fork in sugar so it doesn't stick or gently press down with just your fingers. But I think the sugar adds a little something something.
Press down with fork gently. I've always wondered why peanut butter cookies are the only ones with the criss cross pattern. I think it's the universal sign that it's peanut butter so no one with a nut allergy ever makes the mistake of grabbing one but I don't know for sure and wikipedia didn't know either. Yes, I checked:)
Done. These freeze well so do what I do and put them in snack bags and freeze for lunches later.



No comments: