Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Whipped Shortbreads

I received this recipe from my friend Karol and they are so easy and yummy that I make them every year for Christmas. Hope you like them.

1 C Soft Butter
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Powdered Sugar

Whip all of this with your electric mixer for 10 minutes. I don't use the whisk attachment, just the regular paddle.

Place by small spoonfuls on a cookie sheet~I get about 6 dozen. You can put sprinkles on them if you want. Bake until lightly browned in a 300 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. Cool.

Here's where I added my own touch. I melt white chocolate (I accidentally bought Mint flavored milk chocolate one year and those were a huge hit too) with a bit of red of green food coloring and I dip half of the cookie into the chocolate and then add some Christmas type sprinkles. Put on wax paper to harden.

I have never frozen them but Karol says they freeze well.
Out of oven
Dip in Chocolate

1 comment:

K :) said...

Oh yum, Christol. I haven't made these in awhile. Think I will
This weekend.