Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2013

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

November reminds me of sweet potatoes.  Maybe because that was the only month that I ever saw them on our dinner table and I wasn't a fan.  The texture did me in.  But when I found this recipe on the food network website, courtesy of Tyler Florence, they've became a more regular event throughout the year. They were super easy to make and you can adjust the recipe for just one if you want.

What you'll need:

4 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/4 C Honey
2 t Ground Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Mix the oil, honey and cinnamon together and mix in potatoes. Lay out on sprayed cookie sheet in single layer. Add salt and pepper

Roast for about 40 minutes, until oven tender.

Take sweet potatoes out and transfer to serving platter.


Size of the potatoes

Slice the potatoes and chop

Toss with honey, Olive Oil and cinnamon and spread on pan. Bake

Sorry, I didn't get a photo finish because it got a bit chaotic but they basically looked like the last photos but a bit browned:)

No comments: