Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mexican Lasagna

I think I could eat Mexican food every day. So many varieties of things that you can do. I fed my kids the chopped Mexican beef on tortillas and then took the rest and made a small Mexican lasagna. I'm not a fan of left overs but this, this was twice as yummy the next day. I should have made a full size pan!

This recipe serves 4 using an 8x8 pan, but just double and put into a 13x9 pan.

What you'll need:

Can of HOT Enchilada Sauce ~ I actually used my homemade

1/2 bottle Verde Sauce
1 1/2 C chopped Mexican Beef
3 large Tortillas ~ I used some healthy high fiber ones I found
1/2 can Black Beans rinsed ~ you could also use pinto or refried..whatever makes you happy:)
3/4 C frozen Corn
1 C cooked Brown Rice
3/4 C Cheese ~ I used Monterey Jack

Spray your pan with cooking spray. Put about 1/4 C of Red enchilada sauce in the bottom.

Place Tortilla on top of that.

Sprinkle with half of chopped beef.

Half of the beans next.

Half of the corn.

Half of the rice.

1/3 of the cheese.

about 1/2 Cup of the Green sauce.

Tortilla. Press down a little bit.

1/2 of what's left of the red sauce

Repeat process one more time.

When you top with last toritlla, press down. Add rest of red and about 1/2 cup of green, swirl together and top with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Top with sour cream and/or guacamole and serve.





You don't have to rip the tortilla. Just make sure it covers as much of the bottom of the pan as possible. This particular tortilla I felt was riding up too far.


You aren't going to see rice in the photos because I made one of these to "taste" it, serving rice on the side. Dylan felt it was a missing component so I added it in the next pan I made and yes, good idea D!




YUMMY!

No comments: