Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Raspberry White Chocolate Bars

I'm so sorry I've been neglecting the blog. Misplaced my camera, too hot to cook, enjoying a month of minimal running around, dinner strike and making my kids eat cereal for a week because they refused to eat a dinner they used to like are a few of my reasons.

I hosted book club and had grand ideas for a dessert. I defrosted some fresh raspberries and my inspiration disappeared. I kept throwing stuff together until I came up with these. They turned out really good but I didn't take photos until I was done but they are easy enough you can do this without the photo details.

Here's what you'll need.
1 C Oil~I used Canola
2 Eggs
2 t Vanilla Extract
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 C Brown Sugar

Mix together and then add
2 1/4 C Flour
1 t Salt
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 bag White Chocolate Chips
3/4 C Oats
1 C frozen Raspberries defrosted

After you have this all mixed together, spread in a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with edges). I used a 16x11 but you could use a cake pan or a larger one, just adjust cooking time. I cooked mine for about 18 minutes at 350 until they were starting to brown around the edges. Cool completely and cut into 24 bars. YUMMY!

No comments: