Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Blender Chocolate Mousse

I found this recipe here and thought, "it can't be this easy and that good", well..YES, it can!  YUMMY, yummy!  My kids thought it tasted a little too sharp so I might use half milk chocolate chips for them next time but the dark chocolate lover in me, loved it as is.


Here's what you'll need:

1 C semisweet chocolate chips
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or vanilla extract (I used Kahlua)
1 C heavy cream
Fresh whipped cream (optional)
1/2 cup fresh berries (optional)
Directions:Place chocolate chips, egg and coffee liqueur or vanilla in blender and chop. Heat cream until very hot and small bubbles appear at edge. Carefully pour hot cream into the blender. Blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into dessert dishes or pretty wine or martini glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it firms up a bit. Serve with fresh berries and/or whipped cream on top. Makes enough for 2 to 3 servings depending on the size of the dish.

Your cream is ready to come off and pour into blender.

Cover with seran and chill.  I thought that was easier than individual serving dishes.

I opted for caramel sauce instead of berries and cream.  Nice little drizzle on the bottom.

And a little more on top.
ENJOY!!

 

No comments: