Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

Shrimp Pasta

Have you been missing a new recipe??  Sorry, ya'll know that summer is kinda my "me" time and even though I'm cooking, I'm slow on posting.  At any rate, let's get this party started. 
 
A friend of mine posted a recipe for shrimp that involved butter, lemons, seasoning and an oven that I thought looked interesting.  I couldn't find the actual post when I decided to make it but I'm pretty certain the shrimp are close.  I further decided that tossing the shrimp with pasta and vegetables would make a a nice summer dinner so that's what I did. 
 
"Best Shrimp EVER", was posted after the recipe by several people and although these are good, "best shrimp ever" is a bit much for this recipe.  I'm thinking those people haven't had really FRESH shrimp prepared correctly;)
 
What you'll need:
 
2 Lemons
1 lb Bag of Large Fresh Shrimp ~ they are typically deveined and ready to go ~ If you go the frozen route, make sure you defrost
1 stick of Butter
2 t Old Bay Seasoning
2 t Italian Seasoning
2 t Garlic Powder
1 t Cayenne Pepper ~ optional
 
Bunch of Asparagus snapped into pieces
4 cloves Garlic minced
1/4-1/3 C Olive Oil
1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes ~ I'd use the ones with green chili's next time but I like heat
1/2 t Cayenne Pepper or 1-2 t Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
3/4 C Asiago Cheese or Romano or Parmesan or Feta ~ pick your fav
3/4 box (smaller box) of Thin Spaghetti
4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
 
While slicing your lemons, melt your butter on a cookie sheet with an edge.  When the butter is melted, throw your lemon on the pan and put shrimp on top of lemon.  Mix your seasoning together and sprinkle on the shrimp.  Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.  They're done if they're curled into a C and have turned pink.
 
Heat the olive oil and throw your garlic in.  Stir around quick to flavor the oil.  Toss in the diced tomatoes and red pepper flakes.  You're just basically getting this hot and ready for the shrimp and pasta.
 
Get your water bowling with the bouillon cubes.  Toss in pasta, stir.  Throw your asparagus in when the pasta is almost done, it only needs a minute or two.  Drain all and toss into the tomato mixture.  Discard lemons from pan and dump the shrimp and butter into the pasta.  Season with salt and pepper.  Throw your favorite cheese on and give it a toss.  Dinner is served.
 
 








No comments: