Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Divorce

I thought I would start with the ultimate detour so far in my life.

I got divorced in May 2004 after almost 10 years of marriage. I thought that I was the ultimate failure for not being able to stay married. I didn't have any resources or positive role models to look to. I had no one that could assure me that what I was doing would be the best thing for my children.

I have finally embraced that it wasn't a failure, it produced two wonderful children and I still have a man in my life who cares for both his children and me.

After exhausting every option, we realized that we just couldn't live together and be happy. We are actually better parents now. Our motto was..Two Houses With A United Front. We are managing to raise two happy children who don't have the stigma of divorce attached to them.

When I was going through the process of divorce, and it is a LONG process if you truly try everything, I was looking for anything that I could get my hands on that would help me with this detour and found nothing that related to "me". Because of that, I wrote down my thoughts, my ex husband read, edited and agreed and now I will share with you how we did that in my next post, in the hopes that I can help someone else that is feeling like I was.

No comments: