Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Roasted Turkey

I got a screaming deal on a turkey so I thought what the heck since a turkey is SO easy to make. My kids aren't fans of Thanksgiving type dinner so I just roasted it, served it on rolls with some carrot sticks and french fries. With the rest, I took all the meat off and made various things with it. Soup, hot dishes, sandwiches.

Don't be scared, a turkey is the easiest thing to make and now with the little stopper that pops up when it's done, it's pretty easy not to over cook. You will want to defrost in your refrigerator for a few days before you plan on cooking it.

Wash the turkey well
Don't forget to take out the gizzards and neck packet, I throw this away but if you're feeling ambitious you could boil it for your gravy base.
About a tablespoon of salt
Rub the salt in the cavity
Pats of butter (I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of a stick) and a sprinkling of salt, pepper and garlic powder about 2 t of each. Bake at 350. Your packaging will tell you how long to bake according to how many pounds the turkey is.
MMMMMMM

No comments: