Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Caramel Rolls Pioneer Woman style

The Pioneer Woman talks a lot about her cinnamon rolls so I had to give them a try. She offers a fabulous tutorial that there is absolutely no reason to recreate. I'll just give my opinion on them.

First, you all know I'm scared of yeast. Doesn't seem to work like it should for me, but I followed her step by step instructions and dough was born!! It really was easy.

Second, I mixed the last cup of flour, baking soda, powder and salt in after I turned the dough onto my counter because I thought it was easier. Maybe it was because my bowl wasn't large enough.

Third, this makes a LOT of rolls. Prepare to share or cut the recipe in half.

Since I had so many to make...I made them exactly as she does both with frosting and with caramel sauce and I made them the way I make my caramel rolls. And, although hers are good, I like my version better. Her dough is great but I didn't care for all the extra white sugar. Everyone that I shared with, including my kids, no one noticed the difference.

So, give one or all a try...something sweet in the morning is NEVER a bad thing:)

No comments: