Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chicken in a Packet

I really don't like making chicken breast on the grill. Truth be told, it scares me. I'm never sure if I've cooked it long enough and usually end up cooking it too long. I saw something about making it in a foil packet. Not remembering where I saw it or what the recipe was, I gave it a go with one chicken breast and was quite happy with how it turned out. The only thing I would change is that I would not use Spinach as my vegetable like I did this time, it didn't hold up. It was easy enough to pick off but it didn't look very appetizing. You'll need something a little more solid like thick sliced peppers for flavor or broccoli if you want vegetables mixed in.

At any rate, here we go.

What you'll need
Package of Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts~pounded thin
Salsa
Few pats of butter
Olive Oil
Favorite seasoning

Wash your chicken, put between two pieces of waxed paper or Saran Wrap and give it a few whacks with a meat mallot or a heavy pan.

Spray a square of aluminum foil. I had put some spinach down but it got pretty stringy in the cooking process and didn't look very good after the fact. I think it added a little flavor but you can skip this step..I only mention it because it's in the photo. Back to the recipe. Lay your chicken on the foil, sprinkle with favorite seasoning, top with tablespoon of your favorite salsa, drizzle with a teaspoon of Olive Oil and one thin pat of butter. Seal the aluminum foil, kind of tenting it has some room for the steam to help cook it. Make sure you are sealed well. Throw it on a medium heat grill for 20 minutes, flip about 1/2 way through. Dinner is done.
Give the chicken a whack or two to thin it out.

Layer your stuff.

Seal the packets.

Dinner is served

No comments: