Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I swore I would never like brussel spouts. The one time I remember eating them, mushy, no flavor..in a word, ISH! I made the egg face when anyone suggested that I try them again. But I heard about roasting them and that intrigued me and I gave it another go. I liked them. I didn't love them, but I think I could learn to like them a lot. I also realized that they don't make good leftovers because the smell is overwhelming when you open the container. I didn't reheat and try, the smell was enough for me to toss.

What you'll need:
Bag of Brussel Spouts~that's all I can tell you, I bought them in the prepackaged vegetable section, I'm thinking probably a pound
1/4 C Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic minced ~ I used a tablespoon of the store bought minced
1 t Kosher Salt
about 10 cranks of the Pepper grinder

Give them a good rinse. Slice off the hard end piece and toss~you know the side that was attached to how it grew. Slice sprout in half. Toss with Olive Oil and garlic. Put in a cake pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for about 25 minutes~I tested mine at 25 and liked the little crunch that was still present so I deemed mine done, if you like a little softer sprout, just leave in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Remove and serve.

Toss with garlic and olive oil
Roast for 25 minutes at 400


No comments: